this is not only a veganized recipe, but also a hybrid of two recipes i found online.
1/2 lb. mixed mushrooms (i used cremini and oyster)
1 large shallot, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 T. olive oil
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup soy cream
2 T. torn fresh basil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
nutritional yeast or other thickening agent (optional)
1 package dried tagliatelle (i recommend trader joe's sprouted wheat pappardelle)
For chive oil:
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 t. red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
2 large bunches chives, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
3 T. fresh lemon juice
1/4 t. salt
freshly ground black pepper
1. Half fill a large saucepan with water. Season with salt and/or oil and bring to a boil.
2. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
3. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan.
4. Sauté the shallot for 1-2 minutes to soften.
5. Stir in the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms are golden.
6. Pour in the wine and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
7. Add the soy cream and simmer for 3-4 minutes until heated through and slightly thickened.
8. While sauce is simmering, process all chive oil ingredients in a blender until creamy and no lumps are present.
9. Stir chive oil into mushroom cream mixture and cook until heated through. Add nutritional yeast flakes (or other thickening agent of your choice) as desired to thicken the sauce to desired consistency.
10. Drain the pasta.
11. Stir the basil into the mushrooms and season well with salt and black pepper.
12. Fold the tagliatelle into the creamy mushroom chive sauce, then serve immediately.